Re: TR250 info.

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR250 info.
From: Tom Tweed <ak627@dayton.wright.edu>
Date: Thu, 02 Jan 1997 20:21:44 -0500
Hello Philip, you responded to Rob B. with :

 >Rob Breakstone asks:
 >"My question is is the TR250 a better Triumph (more
 >     rare) than the TR6 and what is the availability of parts? "
 >
 >Better and more rare are two different things. Yes, the car is more rare,
 >only 8000-odd having been produced. Better? No, I don't think so. It was an
 >evolutionary model, like most, and has all the usual Triumph charm and
 >quirks. The mechanical parts are shared with the TR6 and are readily
 >available. The sheet metal is essentially TR4A and not so easily found
 >(compared to the TR6, which benefitted from the Heritage bodyshell
 >program).
 >
 >The price is a bit steep for a car in a basket, even a clean one.
 >
 >Philip E. Barnes       '71 TR6  CC61193L
 >Cornell University
 >Newman Laboratory of Nuclear Studies
 >Ithaca, NY 14853
 >607-255-4951
 >peb3@cornell.edu

..and I just want to second this opinion.  I just sent a longer response,
but then might have sent it to micro-magnetic hell due to a typo, so just
wanted to chime in here that I think Philip is correct.  The asking price
is about twice what I would expect for a `basket case', unless this car
is an unusually fine example, just waiting to be re-assembled.

Best regards,
Tom Tweed
SW Ohio
TR-250 owner 1988-1996