Re: shocks - Spitfar

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: shocks - Spitfar
From: Tom Tweed <ak627@dayton.wright.edu>
Date: Thu, 02 Jan 1997 20:29:13 -0500
Hello Ed, you asked :

 >What shocks would you folks recommend putting onto a Sptfire (Mark II)?
 >Sears is having a huge sale on all of thier shocks - will any from there
 >be of any use on the Spit?  The most expensive shock they have is $45
 >(each), much less than a new set of Spax or Koni.  If the Sears ones
 >will work, what are the specs (I have no idea how shocks are measured).
 >
 >Thanks,
 >Ed

It seems to me that the easiest answer to this would come from Sears.
Tell 'em what you have, and see if they can look it up in their parts book.
You might just get lucky, many parts books, such as NAPA's, go 'way back,
and include cross-references.  If they want to sell you some shocks, they
will (or should, IMHO) try to find one to fit your car.

Best regards,
Tom Tweed
SW Ohio
'69 Spitfar owner, 1974-1976