Re: Herald Fuse Box?

To: MARGHERITA@aol.com
Subject: Re: Herald Fuse Box?
From: Andrew Mace <amace@unix2.nysed.gov>
Date: Sat, 4 Jan 1997 09:29:07 -0500 (EST)
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
On Sat, 4 Jan 1997 MARGHERITA@aol.com wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I've got two Herald 1200's, a 64 conv. and a 65 saloon. Both have the small
> fuse boxes with two fuses located on the fire wall behind the brake master.
> Yet no wiring diagram  shows a  fuse box. The factory shop manual says that
> heralds have no fused curcits.
>
> Were the fuse boxes on U.S. import cars only? Can anyone tell me where I can
> find a Wiring diagram that includes the fuse box?

You guessed it! Yes for US, no for UK! If you can find someone with an
original Spitfire 4 Owners Manual, the wiring diagram in that should give
you the information you need. (I have one; contact me and maybe we can
work out a fax/USPS thing.)

> Also, both cars are negative ground. I suspect that the 64 was convered from
> positive. Is there any way to tell [VIN]?

Right again. Most Triumphs were positive ground up to about 1967.
Specifically, Herald 1200 from approx. March 1968, Herald 13/60 from
introduction in October 1967 and Spitfire Mk3 introduced in March 1967
(according to the factory workshop manual). Basically, then, any
U.S.-spec. Herald is likely to have been positive ground, since we didn't
get them after the 1967 model year and never got any 13/60s.

--Andy