'66 GT6

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: '66 GT6
From: jstovall@earthlink.net (J. Stovall)
Date: Sat, 4 Jan 1997 18:07:59 -0800 (PST)
Hey all you people who know more than me,
        It's running. It's on the road. We made the piece ourselves using a
strip of aluminum, a Dremel, a drill, and some QuikSteel. Needless to say,
our repro wasn't that great and we'll put on a genuine piece as soon as we
find it.
        Anyway, here's what I need help with. First, those Strombergs. My
rear one is pretty okay while my front one runs real rich. I think those
things being out of tune may account for a fairly signicant loss of power
I'm dealing with. Might also be those plugs, but, we'll find out tommorow.
Anyways, I can't get the front carb to stop running so rich. Any ideas?
        Second, has anyone had to order a reproduction rear carb throttle
spindle? If so, did it give you hell? Mine sure has. We're going to find a
genuine one soon.
        This one probably has to do with the above post on the Strombergs.
I run out of revs real quick. When we first got the car, everything was in
tune and we had torque all te way up to about 5500rpm. Now, most of the
torque is gone at about 3000 and the revs go real fast. Any ideas here?
        Lastly, I'm still looking for that U-shaped piece. Any ideas there?
        Sorry if this post is seriously jumbled, I'm really tired at the
moment. If you think you could help but need more info, please tell me.
Thanks everyone!

Jeff Stovall
jstovall@earthlink.net
"I'm God's gift to humility."