Re: '66 GT6

To: dynamic@pbgi.com
Subject: Re: '66 GT6
From: andertonm@juno.com (Mark R. Anderton)
Date: Sun, 5 Jan 1997 22:09:00 EST
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
On Sun, 5 Jan 1997 07:59:19 -0800 (PST) dynamic@pbgi.com (Pete & Aprille
Chadwell) writes:
>J. Stovall wrote:
>>        Anyway, here's what I need help with. First, those
>Strombergs. My
>>rear one is pretty okay while my front one runs real rich. I think
>those
>>things being out of tune may account for a fairly signicant loss of
>power
>>I'm dealing with. Might also be those plugs, but, we'll find out
>tommorow.
>>Anyways, I can't get the front carb to stop running so rich. Any
>ideas?

I would suspect problems with the float valve.  I have become a firm
believer in Grose Jet float valves which use two steel balls instead of
a needle and seat arrangement.  SICP and others sell them.

Mark Anderton

1972 Triumph TR6 (daily driver)
1984 Jaguar XJ6 (2 ea - some people never learn)
1966 Morris Minor (everything a car should be)
1971 Land Rover
1967 Daimler V8 Saloon
1958 Velocette MSS (500cc single)