TR4 Rack in TR3

To: kengano@advant.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR4 Rack in TR3
From: TR6Massey@aol.com
Date: Sun, 5 Jan 1997 13:18:15 -0500
Ken Gano wrote:
        In More BS about TR's (Bob Schaller, page 20,) there is a
discussion of
using a TR4 rack and pinion steering box on a TR3.  There are   several
mentions of other drawings and instructions.  Does any one out  there have a
copy of those, or experience with this conversion?

Ken,

No, I haven't had any experience but there is a fellow in Indianapolis who
has a highly modified TR3 with many TR6 upgrades (and Ford) including a TR4/6
steering rack.  I don't know but I would think it would be easier to retrofit
the TR4 steering wheel than try to mate the two different systems together.

Is there anyone out there who the guy to whom I am refering?  I've met him
twice, In Rockford and at the VTR Summer Party but I don't know his name.  Hi
is retired from Ford, though.

That's all I can help with.
Dave.
TR6Massey@aol.com