Re: 73 TR6 front suspension

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: 73 TR6 front suspension
From: DFain67gt6@aol.com
Date: Sun, 5 Jan 1997 13:27:23 -0500
<< Subj:        Re: 73 TR6 front suspension
 It would be best if you could have the frame straightened here... that
 kinking of the support beam.. (the one that goes toward the rear and down
 from the turret, right?) has surely left you with a lot of positive castor,
 and since the kink is not equal, well, who knows.  I am not familiar enough
 with these sorts of repairs to tell you whether or not it would be cost
 effective.  I'm sure it could be done, but I would expect that perhaps the
 entire turret assemblies on your car have been tweaked as well, and may
 also need to be replaced.  Have you thoroughly inspected the rest of the
 frame?  It may be damaged elsewhere, too.  Is there any buckling at all
 right where the frame rails, aft of the front suspension, curve outward? >>

You should definitely have a frame shop look at it but, if the damage (if
any) isn't severe, you might be better off just living with the extra shims
and spending the money on something else.    A good shop manual
will have a section entitled "Assessing frame damage" or something
like that.
Dave