TR6 Interior Door Pull

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR6 Interior Door Pull
From: scott suhring <suhring@lancnews.infi.net>
Date: Mon, 06 Jan 1997 20:04:11 -0800
Happy Belated New Year to All:

Had to repair my driver's side window this weekend on the '70 TR6
(Comm. No. CC 51904). The glass had jumped off the track. When removing
the interior trim (this was the first time I've done this although I have plans
of
replacing all the trim pannels later this spring), all the clips came out
nicely, except
the odd looking washer bolts which the door pull screwed into! After I ended up
pulling
the pannel out with the bolt still attached to the door (I did mention I was
planning on
replacing all the pannels) and realizing it was an expandable anchor in the
door frame,
I began question this setup.

The door pull is chromed and actually looks realy nice. It has two screws at
either end
and the pull can swivel up and down [______] (looks like this with the the top
of each
bracket where it screws into door and the straight line being the pull).

My question is, as I am sure you have already anticipated, is this original or
someone's
own idea as an add on? I can find no reference to a '70 TR6 having a door pull
and my
TR6 does not have the crash pad finger pulls on the doors.

Any thoughts?

Scott Suhring
Elizabethtown, PA
'70 TR6