Re: TR6 Interior Door Pull

To: james.sudduth@autodesk.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR6 Interior Door Pull
From: ArthurK101@aol.com
Date: Tue, 7 Jan 1997 23:38:14 -0500 (EST)
In a message dated 97-01-07 13:12:34 EST, james.sudduth@autodesk.com (James
Sudduth) writes:

> If I remember right, the door lock was separate from and below the door
>  handle on TR4, TR4A, TR250 and TR5.  With the TR6 it was made integral
with
the handle. Other than that, I don't know how you'd tell them apart.

Not so!  FACT ......The TR4/4A locks are integrated into the handles (p.75  Or
iginal   Triumph TR by Piggott).  The TR4 has a chromed pull handle on the
inside (centered about 2 or 3 inches below the top ) of each door.   Again -
according to Piggott (p.76)- "the TR5 and early TR6 had no separate pull
handle, a moulding in the door top rail trim sufficing;  CR and CF series
TR6s had a door pull 'pocket' incorporated in the centre of the door internal
panel ... The chromed external handles on the TR5 [TR250] and TR6 were
slimmer, while a separate lock was now fitted on each side a couple of inches
below the handles."

Suggest that a careful study of Piggott's book might give you a clue as to
what you have in hand.  Also strongly recommend Piggott's book for any TR
buff who is interested in the original configurations of the TR2 thru 6.  I
have found it to be an excellent reference with VERY FEW very minor
information gaps.
Cheers.
Art Kelly '64TR4 CT33118L (original owner)
VTR TR4 Vehicle Consultant