Re: TR6 Interior Door Pull

To: scott suhring <suhring@lancnews.infi.net>
Subject: Re: TR6 Interior Door Pull
From: Ken Streeter <streeter@sanders.com>
Date: Mon, 06 Jan 1997 20:30:09 -0500
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
scott suhring wrote:

> The door pull is chromed and actually looks realy nice. It has two screws at
>either end
> and the pull can swivel up and down [______] (looks like this with the the
>top of each
> bracket where it screws into door and the straight line being the pull).

> My question is, as I am sure you have already anticipated, is this original
>or someone's
> own idea as an add on? I can find no reference to a '70 TR6 having a door
>pull and my
> TR6 does not have the crash pad finger pulls on the doors.

This sounds exactly like the door pull from the earlier TR cars.  What
you
describe sounds a lot like the door pull used on the TR250/TR5/TR4A.  It
could be just the door pull, or the door panels, plus pull, or the whole
door, that is from an earlier car...

Thinking that a picture is worth a thousand words, you'd probably be
able to recognize what you have by looking at a pic listed on one of
the TR250 owner's pages linked off the VTR WWW site...

  http://dspace.dial.pipex.com/town/square/fq64/tr5-4.gif

Anyway, I hope that I'm not leading you astray...

--ken
VTR WWW Maintainer -- http://www.vtr.org
'74 TR6 Daily Driver, for 6 months of the year, anyway...

--
Kenneth B. Streeter         | EMAIL: streeter@sanders.com
Sanders, PTP2-A001          |