Re: TR6 Interior Door Pull

To: Ken Streeter <streeter@sanders.com>
Subject: Re: TR6 Interior Door Pull
From: Andrew Mace <amace@unix2.nysed.gov>
Date: Tue, 7 Jan 1997 15:34:29 +0500 (EST)
Cc: James Sudduth <james.sudduth@autodesk.com>, triumphs@autox.team.net
James Sudduth wrote:

> > If I remember right, the door lock was separate from and below the door
> > handle on TR4, TR4A, TR250 and TR5. With the TR6 it was made integral with
> > the handle. Other than that, I don't know how you'd tell them apart.

Ken Streeter replied:

> They were still separate on the TR6.  I think the Spitfire/GT6
> started to have them integrated at some point; I don't remember when.

Wait! Aren't we backwards here? ISTR the TR4/TR4A had the lock barrel IN
the push button of the door handle. I'll guess it was with the
introduction of the TR250/5 or somewhere during its run that the change
to the separate lock occured.

As for Spitfire and GT6, the original Spitfire 4 had a key lock in the
handle (turn handle) on the driver's side. Mk2 and Mk3, along with GT6
Mk 1 and 2/+ had separate locks under the push-button door handle.

Mk.IV and later Spitfires and the Mk.3 GT6 had a pull-out handle, and
the key lock was built into the entire handle assembly.

Now on the Herald.... ;-)

--Andy