Re: Interior Questions

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Interior Questions
From: peb3@cornell.edu (Philip E. Barnes)
Date: Wed, 8 Jan 1997 16:08:15 +0100
Phil Smith asks:
"I'm thinking about changing the interior of my 69 TR6 from black to light
tan( almost cream color), more appropriate for Florida weather. My
concern is this . I'm buying 69 seats, with fold down headrests. Did  the
69 come in light tan? Is light tan available?"

The best way to find out is look in the TRF or Moss catalogs and see if
they offer upholstery kits in that color for your car. The color is more a
butterscotch than cream.

"Futhermore, what color is correct for the top cover and tarneau cover?"

I have seen tonneaus in black and dark brown. Tops were generally black,
although one can get tan, I think.

"Also can you fit a tarneau cover to a car that has a crash bar?"

When I had my Sprite, I put a roll bar in it. To use the tonneau I cut two
round holes in it and then slit the material between the holes and sewed in
a zipper. To install the cover, I unzipped the thing, slipped it over the
bar and then zipped it together. It looked neat.

Philip E. Barnes       '71 TR6  CC61193L
Cornell University
Newman Laboratory of Nuclear Studies
Ithaca, NY 14853
607-255-4951