RE: Interior Questions

To: "triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@autox.team.net>, "'smith007@ix.netcom.com'" <smith007@ix.netcom.com>
Subject: RE: Interior Questions
From: Larry Griffin <lgriffin@peace.edu>
Date: Wed, 8 Jan 1997 16:37:30 -0500
On Wednesday, January 08, 1997,  Phil Smith  smith007@ix.netcom.com
wrote:
> Futhermore, what color is correct for the top cover and tarneau cover?
>Also can you fit a tarneau cover to a car that has a crash bar? Are these
>covers available or would this bean aftermarket thing using Velcro ?
>Maybesomeone has already done this. Thanks

Phil,

After installing a street roll bar on my Spitfire, I took my original tonneau
cover to an upholstery shop. They cut out holes for the bar, and then made
slits from the holes to the side. They stitched up the edges and added some
supporting material to allow for snaps to close the cuts over to the bar. Hard
to explain, but it looked very professional and leaked very little.

Folding the top down was a very different story, and something to check before
installing a roll bar..  :-)

Hope this idea helps.

Larry Griffin                                   Raleigh, NC
68 Spitfire