Re: Spitfire valences

To: DTait44495@aol.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Spitfire valences
From: "Doug Mitchell" <dmitchel@ford.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Jan 1997 07:21:41 -0500 "Spitfire valences" (Jan 9, 12:42am)
Dave,

I have had the fibreglass valences on my Spit for about 10 years. The
original steel were rotted after 2 years of snow/salt. I bought them
from TRF in 1984. They are nearly identical to the factory steel
valences with the exception of the attaching bolts, (different size
and thread), and the thickness at the top where the rubber seal
attaches. Most people never realize that they are not steel unless
they start tapping at them.

Doug Mitchell
dmitchel@ismi.net
dmitchel@ford.com

PS. Are you going to the year-ended party this Saturday?