Re: Spitfire valences

To: Doug Mitchell <dmitchel@ford.com>
Subject: Re: Spitfire valences
From: Andrew Mace <amace@unix2.nysed.gov>
Date: Thu, 9 Jan 1997 10:12:54 +0500 (EST)
Cc: DTait44495@aol.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
On Thu, 9 Jan 1997, Doug Mitchell wrote:

> Dave,
>
> I have had the fibreglass valences on my Spit...They are nearly
> identical to the factory steel valences with the exception of the
> attaching bolts, (different size
> and thread), and the thickness at the top where the rubber seal
> attaches.

A good friend has had these for years on his 1972 Mk.IV Spitfire, and
they are excellent in quality.

One other point to watch for: those of you with 1971-73 North American-
spec. Spitfires (no spoiler) will find that some modification is required
either to the valences or to the little "grille extensions" to make those
grille pieces fit. On the 1974 and later cars, this is less of a problem
as the ends of the factory spoiler replace those little grille pieces.

--Andy