Re: tr6 new exhaust system

To: jhdavis6@juno.com
Subject: Re: tr6 new exhaust system
From: andertonm@juno.com (Mark R. Anderton)
Date: Sat, 11 Jan 1997 20:23:43 EST
Cc: RUDOLPHI@tessco.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
On Fri, 10 Jan 1997 23:02:28 EST jhdavis6@juno.com (James H. Davis, Jr.)
writes:

>On Thu, 09 Jan 1997 10:50:20 -0400 (EDT) ROBERT <RUDOLPHI@tessco.com>
>writes:
>>I am getting ready to replace the exhaust system in my tr6. currently
>
>>running a Monza system, and like the looks but is is a little loud
>and
>>did
>>not hold up very well. Running the 2 pipe system all the way back 74
>>1/2. I
>>have seen Anza(SP)? units on some cars and like the looks but have no
>
>>idea
>>about quality, price , or where to get them. A stainless steel
>>original
>>unit is also a possibility. Any other suggestions? thanks
>>
>>Robert in snowy Baltimore.
>>
>Go with the stainless "sport" system available from TRF, Rimmer etc.
>Mellow sound and holds up extremely well.
>Jim Davis
>CF38690UO
>CF37325U
I have just installed the TRF Stainless sport exhaust system on my 72 TR.
 While I was putting the mufflers on, I noticed I could see right through
them, end to end.  This worried me a little because I'm really not trying
to make a statement with my exhaust note, I just wanted a good looking
system that would last into the next century.  Glad to hear you describe
it as "mellow."  Can't wait to fire it up.
Mark Anderton

1972 Triumph TR6 (daily driver)
1984 Jaguar XJ6 (2 ea - some people never learn)
1966 Morris Minor (everything a car should be)
1971 Land Rover
1967 Daimler V8 Saloon
1958 Velocette MSS (500cc single)