Baptism Into Lucas' World

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Baptism Into Lucas' World
From: "Barry H. Adams" <badams@cyberport.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 1997 05:20:12 -0700
Thanks to all of you that helped me diagnose the turn signal and hazard
warning problem with the 74 Spitfire that I just purchased.  It now appears
that their are multiple causes:
        a)  Faulty Hazard Switch ( What a pain to get out         without
removing the dash. No easy access the top          clip).

        b)  Faulty Hazard Flasher.

        c)  Corroded spade connector on line powering the         Hazard Switch.

        d)  Loose connection at fuse panel (There has got         to be a
better engineered none stock fuse panel            available)

        e)  Faulty Turn Signal Switch (after the lever came         off in
my hand).

        f)  Faulty Tail Light Bulb.

I've ordered the parts and hope this fixes it.  I need to get it registered
soon.  One good thing about this is that I now have a much better
understanding of the electrical system.

One reason I bought this car was to give me something to do in the winter.
So far I have not been dissapointed!!!!

Barry H. Adams
74 Spitfire