1960 TR3A rear axle advise?

To: Triumphs@autox.TEAM.NET
Subject: 1960 TR3A rear axle advise?
From: mbarre@juno.com (Matt Barre)
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 1997 11:12:36 PST
The commencement of reassembly has arrived and before I start bolting
things back on the bare chassis I planned to do some work on the rear
axle.  I have no reason to doubt the integrity of the unit but thought it would
be smart to replace the pinion seal, and the axle outer seals and
bearings.  I have the red shop manual and aside from not having the
specialized Churchill tools things look fairly straight forward.

I realize I need to keep track of the revolutions of the nut when
replacing the pinion seal so as not to disturb the spacing.  Removing
the nuts on the axle may be an adventure!  I don't want to bend the hubs
getting them off, will this be difficult?

Before I charged ahead I thought I would see if the list has any special
cautions, warnings or tips.  I already have the seals and bearings so I
thought I should go ahead an do the work.  I must admit I was somewhat
tempted to just reassemble and deal with axle problems when and IF they
arose.

TIA,   OBTW I am on the digest so if you have any input pls cc me.
Matt Barre