Re: TR's as investments?

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR's as investments?
From: ingate@shiseis.com (Shane F. Ingate)
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 97 16:25:44 PST
TJ Noto wrote:
        >Shane F. Ingate wrote:
        >>
        >>         The aforementioned class of Porsche owners are probably
        >> pretty dim when it comes to finances, and LBC owners are the ones
        >> who have fiscal savvy.
        >>
        >Sorry Shane, but this statement is completely ludicrous.
        >
        >With very FEW exceptions (E-Type, 300SLR, Vincent Black Shadow)
        >classic vehicles make very poor investments.  Unless you bought one of
        >those many years ago you lost money on your "investment".
[snip]

Woops!  Giess I was a little too hasty on the keyboard there, and
should have been more attentive to phrasing.  Waaay to much time on
my hands.  I did not intend to get anyone's knickers in a knot.

Investments can be looked at either from their positive gain or
their negative gain.  Agreed cars wil seldom provide a positive gain.
My point is that we should not belittle the less-exotic Brit sports cars as
being perversely large black-holes for money; indeed, we should be
suprised at how little we lose on our *investment*.

Wot price the grin factor?

        Shane Ingate, flame suit and leathers in San Diego