Re: LAUREL GREEN

To: scott suhring <suhring@lancnews.infi.net>
Subject: Re: LAUREL GREEN
From: Andrew Mace <amace@unix2.nysed.gov>
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 1997 20:54:49 -0500 (EST)
Cc: mlibhart@feist.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
On Mon, 13 Jan 1997, scott suhring wrote:

> Martin Libhart wrote:
> >
> > Scott:
> >
> > I have a 72 TR6 in Laurel Green.  It's a great color!  I prefer it over
> > the BRG's, since it is a little bit "cooler" (hint of blue).
> >
> > I have also attempted to send you an attachment image.  If you don't
> > receive it, here is the location for you to attempt:
> >
> > ftp://ftp.team.net/sol/Images/cak_sarah.gif
> >
> > Martin Libhart

Martin and Scott: I'll add my vote for Laurel Green. I not a great one to
say what tone it features (I would have said more grey, not blue, but I'm
not very good at describing colors). Anyway, it was really pretty on my
1969 Mk. 3 Spitfire -- when all shined up -- and it went really nicely
with the tan interior.

Are you sure, though, that Chris K.'s TR4A is Laurel? I'd have guessed
that was the old Triumph Green of the mid-1960s, but again I'm relying on
my own mediocre color sense and the variables of his scanner and my monitor.

> Martin and List: > > One question I failed to ask regarding Laurel Green
as a colour: Was > there a pin stripe applied to this colour? Martin, do
you have a pin > stripe and if so what is the colour (red, gold?)? > > To
the list in general. What is the correct use of pin stripes with > TR6s?
There doesn't seem to be much if any reference in Piggott's > book and
images seem to be inconsistant (my original white has > red pin striping,
but not sure if added after the fact). The shop > I am having the paint
job done said that TR6s don't have adhesive > stripes and you'd have to
have it painted on? >

[Oops. Sorry for the mess my mailer just made of the above paragraph! ;-)]

Again, I'll jump in here and say I don't recall any Triumph in the U.S.,
save for the 1970 GT6+, having been sold here with a pinstripe of any
color. There were lots of accessory stripe kits at various times, and
there was the bumblebee stripe of the TR250, but that one year of GT6 was
the only year I've ever seen with a "coach stripe" applied with paint.

Of course, the home market were less "gullible" for that sort of thing
than were we colonists, so it's possible it wouldn't necessarily appear
in Piggott's book anyway (although, in fairness, I've only seen that book
very briefly, and not the TR6 section).

My $.0178 worth....

--Andy

  * Mrs Irrelevant: Oh, is it a jet?                                  *
  * Man: Well, no... It's not so much of a jet, it's more your, er,   *
  *  Triumph Herald engine with wings.                                *
  *   -- The Cut-price Airline Sketch, Monty Python's Flying Circus   *