Re: Rebuilding Hydraulics

To: Kenneth Brown <kbrown@trmx3.dot.ca.gov>
Subject: Re: Rebuilding Hydraulics
From: Paul Burr <tigerpb@ids.net>
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 1997 14:27:24 +0000
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Kenneth Brown wrote:

> While the temperature approaches freezing in my garage  I would like to do
>some
> work in the comfort of my warm home, mainly rebuilding the hydraulics. My
> question to the list concerns whether there is any problem rebuilding the
>brake
> and clutch components now even though I don't plan on getting them back on the
> car for four months or so. Any advice is greatly appreciated.
>
> Ken Brown
> TR250 hoping to get back on the road by summer
Ken; as long as the car is inside, you shouldn't have any problems. Just
put the parts, i.e. calipers, wheel cyl, etc. in ziploc bags after
they're rebuild. That way they wont atrract the dreaded "garage grunge"
that seems to get all over anything I keep in the open in my garage.
On my last resto, the parts were rebuildt and then bagged for three
years! Not a leak on any of them.