Re: Rebuilding Hydraulics

To: kbrown@trmx3.dot.ca.gov
Subject: Re: Rebuilding Hydraulics
From: jhdavis6@juno.com (James H. Davis, Jr.)
Date: Fri, 17 Jan 1997 01:28:35 EST
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
On Thu, 16 Jan 1997 09:07:29 -0800 Kenneth Brown
<kbrown@trmx3.dot.ca.gov> writes:
>While the temperature approaches freezing in my garage  I would like
>to do some
>work in the comfort of my warm home, mainly rebuilding the hydraulics.
>My
>question to the list concerns whether there is any problem rebuilding
>the brake
>and clutch components now even though I don't plan on getting them
>back on the
>car for four months or so. Any advice is greatly appreciated.
>
>Ken Brown
>TR250 hoping to get back on the road by summer
Ken,
Amazingly, the only parts of 38690 that worked perfectly (with no leaks)
prior to restoration were the hydralics. While the car sat in various
states of disassymbly for 2.5 yrs. I stored the brake & clutch m/c and
clutch s/c in sealed plastic bags. Upon reassymbly, the only things that
didn't work were, you guessed it, the hydralics ( and the water pump-you
can't let it sit dry for extended periods I found out, but that's another
story). I'd wait, but since mine may be an isolated incident, you may
want to get other input.
Hope this helps,

Jim Davis
CF38690UO