Another loss of power question

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Another loss of power question
From: jstovall@earthlink.net (J. Stovall)
Date: Sat, 18 Jan 1997 17:58:49 -0800 (PST)
Hey everyone who knows more than me,
        I'm fustrated. After getting a piece for the GT6, I saw I had to
drill another hole in it. No problem. So I popped off the carb so I could
take out the spindle and and get very percise, since this is the
accelorator link that roatates on the thing. Figuring I should replace the
washers that are between the carb and the manifold, I decided to take both
off. And then, I figured I should fix that float level problem. Okay.
Great. I get the things back on get 'em tuned to perfection (I think).
Then, I hop in to take off, turn the key, and-er, er, er, errrrrrrrrrrrr.
My battery's dead. No problem, right? So I charge the sucker up and slap
her back in there. Car starts on the first try (very gratifying!). We take
off. No power. Lost 75% of its torque.
        So, anyone wanna help me out here? Or should I just take it to the
garage for a good tuneup? Thanks, everyone.

Jeff Stovall
jstovall@earthlink.net
"I'm God's gift to humility."
1966 Triumph GT6 mk1