RE: Need TR4A Info, and comment on camber compensaters

To: "'Chris Oliver'" <coliver@sprintmail.com>, "triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: Need TR4A Info, and comment on camber compensaters
From: Dave Herr <dherr@innernet.net>
Date: Sun, 19 Jan 1997 08:56:09 -0500
Chris,
I have a solid axle 65 TR4A. My frame was perfect, but I had a parts car that
had rust in the following areas. Both rear extensions past the axle, front area
around where the suspension bolts to the frame and surface rust (some of it
deep), on the area around the floorboards. At the least the solid axle cars do
not rust clean thru like the IRS models. The IRS cars can rust so bad where the
trailing arms mount, that the frame will break at this location. Good luck with
your car. Ir sounds pretty good. I paid $1000 for my car, which was a runner,
but had severe body rust. It took far too long, but it will be back from the
paint shop and then completed this Spring. 8 years is too long for a
restoration.

Dave Herr - Central Pa. Triumph Club
73 Stag
65 TR4A (under Construction, estimated completion Spring 97!)