Header for TR-6

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Header for TR-6
From: Peter Firla <Bombur@snet.net>
Date: Sun, 19 Jan 1997 20:32:29 -0500 (EST)
Having done some performance related engine modifications I am considering a
header to squeeze some more HP out. I once read that the only effective
headers are those which are harmonically tuned to the exhaust pressure
waves. If correctly tuned they  take advantage of the low pressure areas
between the high pressure waves to greatly enhance engine breathing. In
looking at TRF catalogue, I see that the headers listed have the front three
cylinders flowing together, and the rear three likewise. Given the firing
sequence of the 2.5L  I can't see how such a header design would do much.
Can anyone enlighten me?

Peter Firla
74 TR-6