Adding An Oil Pressure Gauge To 74 Spitfire

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Adding An Oil Pressure Gauge To 74 Spitfire
From: "Barry H. Adams" <badams@cyberport.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 1997 06:27:15 -0700
Next month I want to begin to restore the interior on my 74 Spitfire.  While
I have the dash out I'm contemplating installing a Smith's mechanical oil
pressure gauge in the area between the fuel and temp. gauges.  Of course
this will necessitate moving the headlight switch (probably to the upper
left corner of the dash).  The reason I'm considering a mechanical gauge is
because its face is very similar to the stock fuel and temp. gauges and it
comes with a chrome bezel.  Secondly, I hope to be able to keep the oil
warning light functional.

My question is this.  Can I keep the oil warning light functional by coming
off the engine with a some sort of conductive tee?  One side of the tee for
the sending unit, the other side of the tee for the oil line to the gauge.

Barry H. Adams
74 Spitfire