Re: Adding An Oil Pressure Gauge To 74 Spitfire

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Adding An Oil Pressure Gauge To 74 Spitfire
From: Scott Kohl <rpage@wvi.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 1997 09:30:14 +0000
Cc: rpage@wvi.com
Hello all.
Personally, I don't see anything wrong with wanting to add extra guages
in the dash.  The PO of my GT6+ added the dual guage already, in place
of the temp. guage, for which I am eternally grateful.  My plan is to
add a 60-amp Smiths ammeter, as well as a Smiths clock.  I will use a
Mk. 3 GT6 dash center section because, as you  GT6 experts out there
know, it has the guage holes at the extreme ends, instead of in the
middle. The problem here is that there won't be enough room for the
clunky rocker switches.  So, Mk. 1 toggles will be used.  The existing
switch holes will be plugged with pieces of ply, the new holes made, and
the whole dash will then be re-veneered.  While I'm at it, I'm going to
fit the later illuminated heater control strip.  I orginally got the
idea for the guages from seeing the interior shot of the "Spitfire GT"
prototype in Robson's Spit/GT6 book.
                                                Cheers
                                                Scott Kohl