72 Spit carb overhaul.

To: Triumphs <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: 72 Spit carb overhaul.
From: Andy Bristow <AJBRISTOW@taz.dra.hmg.gb>
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 1997 12:40:58 +0000
Hi everyone.

The carbs on my '72 Spit are in need of an overhaul, and I want to do this
myself. Can anyone help me with one or 2 pointers (bearing in mind that I
have no experience with carbs, but I do know my arse from my elbow :) ) -

1. Are there any good books on SUs (is the Haynes manual worth having, for
   example)?
2. How long would you expect the job to take?
3. I have heard of overhaul kits, with all the necessary bits and pieces.
   Where is a good place to get one from (in UK)?
4. Any other tips?

thanx,

Andy