Re: 72 Spit carb overhaul.

To: AJBRISTOW@taz.dra.hmg.gb, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: 72 Spit carb overhaul.
From: "Jonathan Miles" <MILESJE@novell2.bham.ac.uk>
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 1997 13:52:42

> Hi everyone.
>
> The carbs on my '72 Spit are in need of an overhaul, and I want to do this
> myself. Can anyone help me with one or 2 pointers (bearing in mind that I
> have no experience with carbs, but I do know my arse from my elbow :) ) -
>
> 1. Are there any good books on SUs (is the Haynes manual worth having, for
>    example)?
> 2. How long would you expect the job to take?
> 3. I have heard of overhaul kits, with all the necessary bits and pieces.
>    Where is a good place to get one from (in UK)?
> 4. Any other tips?
>
> thanx,
>
> Andy

You need to talk to Burlen Fuel Systems in the UK. The sell The S.U.
reference manual which I gather is far better than the equivalent
Haynes manual.  The also sell the whole range of spares and overhaul
kits for S.U. carbs. The address is Spitfire House would you believe!

If you don't get the address from anyone else, get back to me 'cos I
know I have it somewhere.

Good luck with the rebuild,

Jonathan

Spit 1500