Hot Feet Fixed?

To: Triumphs <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Hot Feet Fixed?
From: Vic Whitmore <vicwhit@octonline.com>
Date: Fri, 01 Aug 1997 08:36:03 -0400
Many thanks for the responses on Hot Feet.
I waited until dark last night and then used the trouble light inside
the driver's feet area to look for light leaks. I found the top area of
the tranny cover cracked open as the screw in that area was not in the
clip. I fixed that but there was still a gap. I then used the NASCAR
fix-all (duct tape) to seal around the tunnel on the engine compartment
side. I then went for a test ride and now my feet aren't so hot. There
was one more hole to plug in the firewall where the fuse box is located.
I believe that there is still some leakage as several points around the
the seal, both on the firewall and the floor, but they can wait.
I wanted to add a screw at the top of the cover in the middle but it is
impossible to get a hole drilled in the firewall with the engine in
place.

That will work in the short term. In the long term, I'll have to replace
the cover as there is a couple of cracks in it. I like the idea of the
plastic cover from Moss. I've also heard that someone has tried using
fiberglass by using the old cover as a mold. Any comments on the
fiberglass method?