Re: Unusual VIN on 60 TR3A

To: Doug Mathews <tr3run@PEACHNET.CAMPUS.MCI.NET>, EPaul21988@aol.com
Subject: Re: Unusual VIN on 60 TR3A
From: twakeman@scruznet.com (TeriAnn Wakeman)
Date: Fri, 1 Aug 1997 06:46:37 -0700
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Interesting.  I have seen this second plate a number of times. I have only
seen them on TRBs.  Its not a DPO add-on.  Paul its your car I find
interesting.

Your commission number is TS71101L.  Mine is TS75519L.  But mine does not
have the second plate.  She is registered as a 1960 TR3A and I believe she
was built around May or June 1960.

My guess is that your car was built early in 1960 and for some reason
retained by Triumph untill 1962.  It was then shiped into the US and
received the same year plate that the TR3Bs got.  I wonder what your car
was up to for a bit over 2 years?  Could it have been a car taken to new
car shows?  a perk to a Triumph manager? or ???

At 10:39 AM 7/31/97 -0400, Doug Mathews wrote:
>My TR3B also has the "STC 62" aluminum plate and the Colorado title had
>that also as part of the title id. I figured it was something the one of
>the DPO's had added and it got included as part of the title. I'm curious
>if any other TR's had that added. I do not think its from the factory, but
>its curious anyway.
>

>At 10:24 AM 7/31/97 -0400, you wrote:
>>List;
>> I just acquired TS 71101L.  Immediately above the usual ID plate there was
>>an aluminium plate of the same size, stamped convex not concave with the
>>following:
>>TRIUMPH STC-62

TeriAnn Wakeman            For personal mail, please start subject line
Santa Cruz California      with TW.  I belong to 4 high volume mail lists
twakeman@scruznet.com      and do not read a lot of threads..Thanks

"The box said 'Requires Windows 95, or better.' So I bought a Macintosh."