Re: SMOG law in Connecticut Amended

To: Don Sforza <dsforza@megahits.com>
Subject: Re: SMOG law in Connecticut Amended
From: Henry Frye <thefryes@iconn.net>
Date: Fri, 01 Aug 1997 17:19:00 -0400
Cc: Frank Zabski <fzabski@techrvealed.com>, Bob Wanta <bobsauto@iconn.net>, Jeff VanZandt <jvz45@aol.com>, Stan Malcolm <StanMalcolm@CompuServe.COM>, Joe & Sue Barile <jsbarile@aol.com>, Triumph <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Don Sforza wrote:

> I know this may NOT apply to all, but in view of SB 22 in California, there
>may
> be some interest. I pulled this off of the British cars digest.

snip

>      AN ACT EXEMPTING ANTIQUE, RARE OR SPECIAL INTEREST MOTOR VEHICLES FROM
>      EMISSIONS INSPECTION.

snip

>      The act was approved on May 29, 1997 and is now in effect.

snip

I can attest to the fact the act is in force and the DMV knows about it.

I took my TR3B to the Enfield, Connecticut DMV office today, got the car
inspected and an Antique tag. When the clerk asked for the emmission
paperwork, I said "The car is exempt, it is a 1962."

His reply, "Oh, OK"

Ah, to be driving a 100% legal Triumph.........
--
 Henry Frye            E-mail - thefryes@iconn.net
 TR3B   TCF1927 L   http://www.iconn.net/thefryes/