Re: TR4 radio question

To: ttucker@mail.tds.net, ArthurK101@aol.com, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: TR4 radio question
From: cloughbt@batman.flight.wpafb.af.mil (Bruce T. Clough)
Date: Mon, 4 Aug 1997 07:30:19 -0400
Tim, Art,

I suppose I'm as close to a radio expert since I keep putting them in, then
ripping them out!

Sounds like the radio that Tim has is perfect for the TR4.

The TR4 "Triumph" radio was made by Motorola, Bendix made the
transistors (however, I have been know to be wrong in the past...).  The
radio was  dual polarity (DP), using either a plug (early radios) or a switch
(later radios) to change polarity.  The radio was supplied to the dealers for
most of the installations.  The speaker, BTW, is identical to those fitted to
a wide range of vehilces (my dad`s 1974 VW Thing, to name one).  The
installation manual for the radio came with instructions on fitting to the
TR4, Spitfire, Herald and 2000.  If anyone is interested I can send them a
copy.   Fun to read.

Bruce "love that AM" Clough
'62 TR4
'60 Buick LeSabre Battlestar