Re: Koni's for street TR's

To: "triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Koni's for street TR's
From: Keith Ehrlich <75452.105@CompuServe.COM>
Date: 05 Aug 97 13:42:41 EDT
Bob ( and all)

This is great stuff,as I'm right about to overhaul the entire front end of my
TR6.   Since the shocks need to be removed to adjust, is the real advantage to
the ordinary street driver the ability to readjust as the shock ages? For those
of us whose house/job/wife/kids/friends/in-laws/driving time/etc. preclude
regular Sunday adjustments-for-fun on top of the usual weekly TR maintenance
thrills,  I wonder if another fixed-setting shock would be as good or better a
choice for the money. Speaking of which, anyone know the cheapest mail order
source for Koni's?

If others  are of other persuasions, eg Spax, Carrerra, I'd love to hear about
comparative performance, or at least the religious doctrine of each camp.  8 ^ P
And which match up best with lever shocks ( as I am not yet ready to modify rear
to tubes) .

Hey, TIA

Keith Ehrlich
74 TR6 wanderin' and wobblin' with a failed inspection sticker