Re: Importing Cars

Subject: Re: Importing Cars
From: James Charles Ruwaldt <jruwaldt@indiana.edu>
Date: Wed, 6 Aug 1997 09:30:51 -0500 (EST)
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
First, let's keep the political statements off the list.  We're supposed
to be discussing cars, not politics.
Secondly, when this thread was started, the question was raised as to how
Canadian regulations in the early seventies differed from U.S.
regulations.  I posted a similar question a few months ago and received
no replies.  Did Canadian regulations differ significantly from U.S. regs
in which case European manufacturers simply applied the one standard,
since Canada is a much smaller market, or did the Canadian government try
to remain at least as stringent as the U.S. government?
Jim Ruwaldt
'72 TR6 CC79338U(being restored)
Bloomington, IN