Overheating under control!?

To: "The list" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Overheating under control!?
From: "Jay Burden" <jason@clinic.net>
Date: Wed, 6 Aug 1997 18:11:20 -0400
        Well I thank everybody for all there advice and believe me I needed it
all. I replaced the sensing unit ($20!!) and ran the car. The needle was
still pinned on 3/4. So I was a bit discouraged. But I thumbed through the
manual and it said that the norm would be at 3/4. Which made me feel
better. Any thoughts?
        I ruled out the thermostat, radiator and even the water pump ( the
previous owner had replaced them all ). So I will see what happens.
        My next project will be to rehang the exhaust system.. it hangs a bit
low.. also fix a few rust spots in the trunk...
                        Thanks Again,
                                Jason

1979 Spitfire