tranny question

To: "Triumphs mail list" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: tranny question
From: kengano@advant.com (Gano, Ken)
Date: Wed, 6 Aug 1997 23:36:05 -0500
        With the tranny completely disassembled, on the bench, I've run into a
problem for the collective wisdom.

        How do you get the gears that run inside of other gears, (there are two
on
mine) together?  I understand the little balls and springs, but can't
figure out how to push from four directions simultaneously.  Does this
require a special tools or am I missing the obvious.

        On the subject, I am missing the triangular washer retaining the main
bearing.  I'm not sure whether mine never had one, or if it's lost in the
jungle, but after two days of looking, I'm still stuck with a basket of
parts without it.  If anyone has that piece, I'd be thrilled to pay a fair
price for it.  I'll be off list for five days (Summer Party), but will try
to respond shortly thereafter.  Thanks

kengano@advant.com
downstate illinois
TR3A, TS56657