Re: Synthetic Oil

To: Ralph Jannelli <rjannelli@uncc.campus.mci.net>
Subject: Re: Synthetic Oil
From: Chad Jester <triumph@uriel.net>
Date: Thu, 07 Aug 1997 13:27:50 +0900
Cc: "'Triumphs'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Ralph Jannelli wrote:

> What is the general consensus on using synthetic oil like Mobile 1 in and old
>engine. I know on a new engine it works fine, but is there any reason not to
>use it on an engine with 40-50K miles on it?

When I was in the US, I had it in every engine I owned...even the lawn
mower!  I also used it in my '72 GMC Truck (140,000 miles on original
engine) and my '74 TR6 (108,000 on original engine).  I think any extra
protection you can give your engine is beneficial.

--
Chad Jester     Seoul, KOREA
'74 TR6         CF15486UO