TR6 front suspension

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: TR6 front suspension
From: Robert J Carley <rcarley@uoguelph.ca>
Date: Thu, 7 Aug 1997 10:43:10 -0400 (EDT)
I thought I would post this message to let those who are interested know
that I have finally solved the problem of my KN minilite wheels rubbing
on the front left suspension parts.  After replacing the vertical link
(out 1/8 inch, enough to cause this problem), the stub axle (bent by an
idiot machine shop worker trying to press it out of the old vertical
link), springs, reversing the upper fulcrum pins to give more positive
camber, new brake caliper holding bolts (both bent like mad), poly
bushings, upper A arms, and new shocks, I now have sufficient clearance
that I don't even have to grind off any of the upper A arms.

Much of the above was part of my overall restoration, but probably helped
to correct the rubbing problem - the main culprit was the bent vertical
link.

Over the past year, I have been asking questions, and listers have been
more than generous in their advice.  I have asked about fulcrum pins,
camber, shocks, alignments, etc. in addition to other topics, and have
always gotten useful advice.

So, to all of you who have helped me out, a hearty thank you!

Next step is a four wheel alignment, more body panel adjustments, and then
the paint shop.

I'm sorry I won't be at the TRF summer party to actually meet some of you
in person.  Perhaps next year.....

Robert Carley
73TR6
Ontario, Canada.