TR6 red to yellow fan conversion

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: TR6 red to yellow fan conversion
From: Tim Taylor <ttaylor@citysearch.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Aug 1997 08:04:44 -0700
The red fan on my 76 tr6 has been missing a few blades for awhile so I
ordered a yellow fan from Moss motors.  I've been told that hundreds of
people do this conversion every year, but I sill have a few questions.

#1 It appears that the pulley assembly that that red fan bolts on to is
no longer needed, and the yellow fan bolts into the four holes on the
spindle.  Is this true?  Will the missing weight of the pulley unbalance
that shaft?

#2  The holes in the yellow fan are much larger than the ½" inch bolts.
I was thinking of fitting some sort of metal or plastic  sleeve to so it
will fit snug however I'm worried about the fan wobbling from front to
back.  I could cap each end with washers but their would still probably
be some play in there.  Is there an additional part I need to order, do
I have the wrong fan, or is there some trick I'm overlooking?   Any help
would be appreciated.

Thanks

Tim Taylor
Austin TX