Re: spin-on oil filter adapters

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: spin-on oil filter adapters
From: dynamic@transport.com (Pete & Aprille Chadwell)
Date: Thu, 7 Aug 1997 07:50:13 -0700
>I am interested in opinions of those listers who have used them as to
>the pros & cons of the adpaters from each of the main suppliers. I guess
>I mean TRF and Moss mostly, but if anyone has another good source I am
>interested as well.

Peter:

I doubt that the big three supply different products here... I think they
all sell the Mocal adapter.  I'm very pleased with mine.  I use Purolator
PER-64 with no apparent troubles.  Originally I purchased the adapter with
the oil cooler fittings, although I did not have an oil cooler.  I ran one
of the oil cooler hoses that was supplied with the kit from inlet to outlet
fitting in a big loop.  Eventually, this extra hose flopping around in the
engine bay became an annoyance, so I eliminated it.  I use Mobil 1
synthetic, so adding an oil cooler would be somewhat useless unless I was
racing, especially given the expense involved.  So, I decided that I would
NEVER have an oil cooler, so I drilled the adapter out internally to
by-pass the oil cooler fittings and had a friend make up plug fittings out
of the fittings that were on the adapter.

Just an interesting adapter story I thought I'd share!

Pete Chadwell

1973 TR6