Re: TR6 Vacuum Retard(ed) Question

To: "Philip E. Barnes" <peb3@cornell.edu>
Subject: Re: TR6 Vacuum Retard(ed) Question
From: Martin Libhart <mlibhart@feist.com>
Date: Thu, 07 Aug 1997 13:27:53 -0500
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Philip E. Barnes wrote:

> Gentlemen:
> Re; the vacuum retard switch: What sort of switch is this and where is it
> located? I can't remember any sort of switch in the throttle linkage on my
> car. Is this something peculiar to the Weber carbs? I do have the vac.
> retard capsule on my car, which seems to work just fine. FYI, my car is an
> "early" '71, build date January 1971.
>
> Phil Barnes
> Cortland, NY (nowhere near New York City)
> peb3@cornell.edu
> '71 TR6  CC61193L (20 year owner)

Phil:

I'm sure they are referring to the "thermostatic vacuum switch", which
was located in-line in the top hose between the radiator and the water
pump/thermostat housing.  This switch has 3 vacuum line nipples for
carbs, distributor, and (there goes the memory again...).

Martin Libhart
1972 TR6 (driver)
1970 Spitfire (under the knife)