New owner 77 Spit

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: New owner 77 Spit
From: NewYorkie@aol.com
Date: Sat, 9 Aug 1997 08:20:12 -0400 (EDT)
As a project for myself and 11 year old son just purchased a 77 Spit. Overall
in good condition needs minor body and mechanical work and a new interior.
When we removed the seats we found in the drivers seat cushion a 4 inch round
pressure switch wired to car. Have not traced wire yet. Is this a common part
and if so what is its function?
 Also and please excuse my lack of knowledge of Triumphs, why does the
carburator need oil added to the dashpot? Never saw an american carburator
need this?
 Also I have learned  volumes just in the week I have been reading your Mail.
Thanks to all.