Re: TR4 Dash Restoration

To: "Bruce T. Clough" <cloughbt@batman.flight.wpafb.af.mil>
Subject: Re: TR4 Dash Restoration
From: Gregory Petrolati <gpetrola@prairienet.org>
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 1997 10:29:00 -0500 (CDT)
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
On Mon, 11 Aug 1997, Bruce T. Clough wrote:

> To whoever started this thread,
>
> The standard TR4 dash was painted white (Spa White on the early cars, New
> White on later cars, sorry, I left my retoration guideline at home so I don't
> have the body number where that changed).  The wood dash was always optional,
> but usually put on cars shipped to the US after about CT30000.
>
> If you're not going concourse paint it whatever color you desire.  I happen
> to like the white dash.
>
> Bruce Clough

        I don't concours my steel dash `4. I painted mine black crackle
        finish when O first rebuilt it. I'm presently repainting the dash
        (black crackle is a bitch to keep clean) and have decided on doing
        it in BRG like the rest of the car... It's very `60s Italian (check
        out the Ferrari's Masers and Alfas of the period). It'll be kind of
        an homage to Michelotti :)

        Greg Petrolati

Greg Petrolati, Champaign, Illinois