TR3 Winshield removal

To: tr3run@peachnet.campus.mci.net, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: TR3 Winshield removal
From: JAMES_S_WALLACE@HP-Canada-om1.om.hp.com
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 97 13:01:41 -0400
Item Subject: Re: TR3 Winshield removal
     Hi Doug,
     Well, I didn't see any Dzus fasteners; maybe this varied with the
     different years. Where did you mean?
     I did try rapping the screwdriver with a hammer, and applying
     penetrating oil. I will be repeating the process for several more
     days, but the real problem seems to be getting the screwdriver to stay
     in that slot! I got a foot long piece of 2 x 10 pine, and drilled a
     hole part way into it to receive the screwdriver handle. Then I leaned
     on the board with my chest to push the screwdriver toward the screw
     while trying to rotate the shaft of the screwdriver with vice grips.
     And that's what it took to get the easy one out!
     I'm not too worried about the paint; part of the reason the windshield
     is coming off is for the upcoming paint job, but I don't want to
     damage the chrome (stanchions?)

     Regards,
     Jim Wallace