TR3 Winshield removal

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: TR3 Winshield removal
From: JAMES_S_WALLACE@HP-Canada-om1.om.hp.com
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 97 11:02:49 -0400
Item Subject: cc:Mail Text
     Can someone suggest a way to remove those four large slot-head screws
     that hold the windshield assembly on a TR3? One came out extremely
     reluctantly, and the rest want to have their slots ruined.
     I have ground a big screwdriver such that it just fits the slots, but
     they are so shallow that I can't get a good grip. Since the heads are
     somewhat recessed, I can't cut the grooves deeper. I also can't see a
     way to get at the back side in order to apply penetrating oil.
     Is there perhaps a way to drill the heads off without wrecking the
     frame? And if I did, would I be able to get the windshield off anyway?

     TIA,
     Jim (all screws have Robertson heads) Wallace
     60 TR3 TS81417