Re: TR6 thinks it has a radial engine

To: TR66pack@aol.com
Subject: Re: TR6 thinks it has a radial engine
From: Henry Frye <thefryes@iconn.net>
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 1997 17:46:14 -0400
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Kerry,

Sure sounds like oil seeping down the valve guides to me. This is a
common malady, but one I would not expect after 4000 miles on a rebuilt
head. As it gets worse, the engine will start to blow smoke on initial
acceleration after sitting at idle for an extended period.

I would give the shop that rebuilt the head a call. Since you are not
their original customer I wouldn't expect them to offer to replace valve
guides for free, but they might give you a deal to fix them right this
time.

It seems logical to assume your problem is aggravated by the external
oil feed kit. I would try running without the external oil feed and see
if the smoke is the same, or goes away.
--
 Henry Frye            E-mail - thefryes@iconn.net
 TR3B   TCF1927 L   http://www.iconn.net/thefryes/