RE: GT6 headliner installation

To: THESKJ@edex.ems.lmco.com, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: RE: GT6 headliner installation
From: Richard Ceraldi-ERC004 <Richard_Ceraldi-ERC004@email.mot.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 1997 10:07:19 -0500
Comments: ( Received on ftpbox.mot.com from client mothost.mot.com, sender Richard_Ceraldi-ERC004@email.mot.com )
    Sound like you are loaded for bear with all the supplies. When I did
mine some years back I used clotes pins and contact cement.  I think what
helped most was having the windshield out. You really helps to tuck the
front edge around the flange that rubber slips over. I sprayed glue there
and around the edges on the metal not the material. If the windshieled
rubber is petrified then you might have some trouble trying to stuff the
front in. As you pull the sides tight and wrap them around the flanges by
the doors use the clips you have to hold them in place. I have a light
headliner so was careful with the adhesive as it will stain the liner. Keep
rags and solvent handy and keep your fingers clean.
    It was not that difficult and I was glad to save the 100 bucks people
were wanting to do it for me. Plus the satifaction of doing it yourself.
Like I always say anybody can write a check.
Good luck,
Richard Ceraldi
71 GT6 MKIII KF166L
Austin, TX