GT6 headliner installation

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: GT6 headliner installation
From: "Theis, Karl J" <THESKJ@edex.ems.lmco.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 1997 15:46:50 -0700
Disposition-notification-to: <THESKJ@edex.ems.lmco.com>
SOL'ers
If anyone on this list has experience installing headliners in
hardtop cars and can offer sage words of advice I would greatly
appreciate hearing from you.
Here is what I've done so far:
    -Glued the three sound-deadening panels back on to the roof of my
     GT6(yes, on the inside) using 3M super spray trim adhesive.
    -Threaded the three top bows into their respective pockets in the
      headliner.
    -Sprung the top bow ends into their respective holes in the car
top
   -Bought another can of 3M super spray trim adhesive.
   -Went down to my local office supply store and bought 100 or so
     binder clips. (no, I didn't raid the supply cabinet at work).
   -Re-read the chapter in the Spitfire/GT6/Herald/Vitesse d.i.y.
guide
    about installing a headliner in a Herald coupe top.

     The next part looks scary.  Using some of the binder clips, I
test-fitted the headliner.  It looks like I'll have to do alot of
pulling and stretching just to make it fit, and then do more
restretching to get out the wrinkles, if they come out at all.
     I have a companion car to use as a reference.
Any advice?
Karl Theis
P.S.  sorry about my previous 'TEST' message and thanks to those who
answered back.  It seemed that for awhile there I could not post
messages to the list although I received them just fine.