Re: GT6 Headliner Installation

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: GT6 Headliner Installation
From: Mark Clark <clarkm@OIT.EDU>
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 1997 04:24:13 -0700 (PDT)
  This just might be a job you should turn over to a professional.  Over
the years I have done all sorts of things to restore a variety of cars,
including recovering seats and other interior parts, and the one thing
that defeated me was a headliner instalation. After spending hours and
hours and getting things terribly wrong, I took it to a small local shop
who did things right in a short amount of time.  Folks who do this for a
living practice all the time - they can often do it better than an amateur
in a far shorter amount of time.  The cost was fairly low, as I recall,
esp. since I supplied the headliner material.

  Since I have not done a GT6, I don't know the specifics of your car, but
you might try getting an estimate on having the work done - you may be
surprised at how cheap it is.

Dr. Mark Clark
Oregon Institute of Technology